Thursday, March 7, 2013

A New Hobby?

With many limitations on using a rotary cutter, and doing any quilting, I thought I would try a little project that's been on my mind.

Last year I bought beads and made some decorated pins.


I ended up having quite an assortment of beads left over.  I've wanted to try my hand at making a little bit of jewelery.  So I bought the stretchy string and gave it a go.

I don't think I will be opening an etsy shop anytime soon :-) but it was fun to use my hands putting these bracelets together.  I even tried to incorporate a charm that was given to me recently.

I hope you are having a Happy Quilting day!

14 comments:

Mary said...

Looks like you did a great job! The bracelets are very pretty.

Cathy said...

The bracelets are very nice. I love the quilting one. Hugs

andsewon said...

Pretty bracelets. Love your charm!

MarveLes Art Studios said...

they're very nice... keep at it... hopefully some good therapy time in... both physical and mental?!

Val said...

I LOVE them! I've been wanting to do that too. Of course, I want to do everything, therefore I get nothing done! lol I'm too busy dreaming. Hope you are doing better and better.

Jean(ie) said...

I big heart love those pins! I've got beads! I just need the longer pins! And maybe some glue... What a cute idea!

Loris said...

Sweet! Glad you found something creative to do while your rotary cutting arm is healing :-)

Heather said...

I bought several boxes of beads a while back. They are to decorate the donuts I crocheted. Must get back to them. it's such fun to add all that glitter.

luv2quilt2 said...

Very cute! I'm also having trouble trying to cut and need to find other things to do as well.

Cindy said...

Very nice, Jocelyn. Hope you are doing well and can get back to your love of quilting soon. Hugs to you, Dear Lady.

IHaveANotion ~ Kelly Jackson said...

The pins are very fun and I like the bracelets too! There is no slowing you down :)

Kelly

LJ said...

Did you do a post/tut on making decorated pins? I'd really love to learn how it's done. Do you know of a good resource for learning the basics?

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Love those pins.

Finding Fifth said...

thanks for stopping by my blog and sharing your experience with your hand therapist. We take our functionality for granted don t we? And rotary cutting is particularly difficult. I pray for your swelling to reduce and a full recovery. Happy to chat therapy any time.