Saturday, March 16, 2013

National Quilting Day

I thought I would share National Quilting Day by showing you pictures from our trip last week to the Sewing Expo.  Lots of pretty quilts on  display that have been touring the US.

The show was held at the Lakeland Convention Center, and let me tell you, the place was packed!





We could not get into some of the vendors booths when we first arrived. But after our second go around things thinned out - a little.

And then there were the quilts -












It was a very nice show, but boy were we tired when we got done.

Enjoy your Quilting Day!!  Celebrate by QUILTING!!!

15 comments:

ria vogelzang said...

Such great quilts! A real tribute to National Quilting Day!
Thanks for sharing!
Love, Ria.

John'aLee said...

Thanks for the lovely Quilt Show~!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

all the quilts are so pretty - thanks for sharing - we all get so much inspiration from other quilters

Cathy said...

Thank you so much for sharing your photos. It is almost like being there. Hugs

SewCalGal said...

What a great time at the show. Looks amazing.

I'm celebrating International Quilt Day today. Hope you have fun too!

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Kris said...

How fun to go to a quilt show on National Quilting Day!! Thank you so much for sharing!!

Val said...

Love this!!!

Linda said...

The crowds at that show are LEGENDARY! Thanks for all the great quilt pics!

A Colorful World said...

Wow, what a great Expo! Some fabulous quilts on display!

Jen said...

Wow! those quilts are amazing. The work that went into them, such clever people. Thanks for shareing any wonder you were tired a big day.

Melanie said...

Thanks for sharing--- I feel like I was there.

Unknown said...

I was there Thursday and it was packed! Enjoyed seeing your photos, since I didn't take any pictures.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Lovely quilts. I'll be at the Sewing & Quilting Expo in Shaumburg, IL, in April.

The Mayo Family said...

WOW!!!
What lovely quilts:)
I know my MOM and sisters would love to go to that:)
Have a great week..God bless~
Annamarie

My Little Home and Garden said...

These are such beautiful works of art.