Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Parlez-vous français?

A couple of years ago, I traveled with my hubby to Georgia.  We stopped in a little town in Central Georgia and found a little quilt shop there. 

As I was looking around I fell in love with this quilt.


They were sold out of the pattern, but the lady in the quilt shop told me the name of the quilt was Dolly's Garden.

When I returned home, I did a google search and found this was a Bunny Hill pattern.  Loving it as much as I did, I ordered the pattern from Bunny Hill.

 When I received the pattern, the biggest question I had was what fabric to use??

I never found anything that I thought would be the perfect fit,UNTIL Fat Quarter Shop introduced Paris Flea Market by 3 Sisters.  YES!!  This was it!!

Now have you ever played Pattern Play on the Fat Quarter Shop blog??  I've played along when they feature a new designer.  And guess what?  I won a $50 gift certificate to their shop!  Woo-hoo!!

So now, can you guess what I purchased?

Oooo la, la............


The pattern calls for a bit of blue, but Paris Flea Market does not have blue, so I dug around in my stash and found some Aviary by 3 Sisters, that I think will be a perfect marriage with Paris Flea Market.


Quilting heureux!  (Happy Quilting!)

18 comments:

Dorothy Vaughan said...

I love the pattern and your fabric choices....it will be a beautiful combination!

andsewon said...

Your quilt will be so feminine and lovely!
Wonderful Spring time quilt!
Lola

Denise :) said...

Oui! Je parle une peu -- votre couette c'est tres jolie!! :)

evelyn said...

Good things come to those who wait. Looks like it finally arrived. This is a perfect match of pattern a fabric. Happy sewing.

Carrie P. said...

it is a beautiful pattern and so is the fabric. have fun!

QuilterMary said...

WOW - pretty quilt, pretty fabric and a gift certificate! Lucky you.

beth said...

It will be a beauty! How fun!

gailss said...

Congrats on your win...what great timing for you. Love that line of fabrics and can't wait to see it done up.
Gail

Darlene said...

It's stunning, Jocelyn. Way to go on your win. woohoo!!!

Cathy said...

Perfect fabric for the pattern. Can't wait to see your progress. Hugs

Kaaren said...

Tres jolie!

Cath said...

It is such a relief when pattern and fabrics come together. And the fabrics are just gorgeous. Well done on winning the voucher.
Cath @ Bits 'n Bobs

Kindred Quilts said...

I couldn't help but ouhhhh and ahhhh when I saw the fabrics you will be using for Dolly's Garden!" We wait in anticipation... hurry, hurry! And congrats on the FQS gift certificate! That's awesome!

Unknown said...

I just love those fabrics! Your quilt will be beautiful, soft and feminine! Have fun making it. Micki

Tammy said...

You are "sew" right. Tha tis the perfect fabric for that quilt. It will be amazeingly beautiful.

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

That will be SUCH a beautiful quilt. Ooooo la la!

Donna said...

I have been saving (read: hoarding) a FQ collection of Paris Flea Market since its first release some years ago. I hadn't found a worthy enough pattern to bring myself to cut into all that pastel loveliness until I saw your blog post today. You nailed it! Thanks for a perfect match and the info on the pattern.

Tatkis said...

Such a lovely quilt pattern, and your fabrics are adorable - good luck!

Hugs,
Tatyana