Thursday, February 12, 2015

Strawberries for my Sweetheart

Strawberry season has arrived in Florida! Plant City has THE most delicious strawberries, and right now they are plump and sweet. It's a perfect time to make a Strawberry Pie for my Valentine!

The original recipe called for "Wild" Strawberry jello, but it's no longer available. So here is my version.

Cast of characters includes -

Fresh Strawberries
Strawberry Jello (large package)
3 Tablespoons cornstarch
1 cup Sugar
1 1/2 cups water

Combine cornstarch, sugar and water. Cook over medium high heat - stirring constantly until thick and bubbly. Stir in 3/4 package Strawberry Jello and remove from heat. Let cool.

In a deep precooked pie shell, layer washed and hulled strawberries. Pour Jello mixture over strawberries making sure all the strawberries are covered. Refrigerate.


Serve with a dollop of Whipped Cream

Enjoy!

5 comments:

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

Oh yum! I love strawberries and that pie is making me hungry!

Tanna said...

You made me homesick. My Mom used to make this for my Dad at Valentine's Day every year. =) It IS yummy! blessings ~ tanna

Allie said...

Oh that looks so good - I guess it's a good thing I don't live near you, lol!

IHaveANotion ~ Kelly Jackson said...

Looks great to me!

Smiles,
Kelly

Ivory Spring said...

YUMMY - Jocelyn! Have a lovely Valentine's weekend.