Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Tangy Lemon Blueberry Loaf


This is the time of year for delicious blueberries and tangy lemons.  Somewhere, I found this recipe online, and I'm sorry that I did not note the author.  But blueberries were in my fridge and lemons were hanging on our tree.  Time to try this recipe.

Lemon Blueberry Loaf

1 1/2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
3 eggs
2 tsp lemon rind
1 cup full fat plain yogurt OR sour cream
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 1/2 cups blueberries, fresh or frozen

1.  Stir together first 4 dry ingredients.
2.  In a large mixing bowl, bet together eggs, vanilla, lemon rind, sour cream and oil.
3.  Add dry mixture and mix just until dry ingredients are well incorporated.  Don't over mix.
4.  Gently stir in blueberries.  (I coated mine with a little bit of flour so they would bake evenly in the loaf.
5.  Pour batter into well greased and floured loaf pan.  Bake in 350 degree oven for 50-55 minutes (test doneness with toothpick)
6.  Once baked allow to rest in pan for 10 minutes then remove to cooling rack.

Lemon syrup:
1/3 cup sugar
2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice

1.  Heat together until sugar is dissolved.
2.  Poke warm Lemon Blueberry loaf with small fork and brush lemon syrup over loaf.  Allow to cool completely.

Glaze:
1 cup powdered sugar
2-3 Tbsp fresh lemon juice

1.  Stir together and drizzle over cooled loaf.  Allow to set.

This is a great combination. Enjoy!

16 comments:

Cathy said...

Thanks for the recipe. It sound delish. Hugs

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

I'm almost drooling. I have lemons in my Grandma's candy dish ... and I'm sure I could find some blueberries at the store. Yum!

QuiltShopGal said...

Smells wonderful. :) Thanks for sharing the recipe. I definitely want to make this. Yumm.

QuiltShopGal
www.quiltshopgal.com

Allie said...

Thanks - sounds yummy!!!

Josie said...

I'm drooling so much it's embarrassing. Thanks for taking time to share the recipe... your cake looks totally scrumptious :o) xx

Sharon said...

Yum-m-m-m! Thanks

Little Quiltsong said...

I have to say a BIG Thank You for this wonderful recipe. I made two loaves yesterday and we all just LOVE it! This is a 'keeper' recipe for sure!

Tanna said...

I'm not sure there are any two foods that better compliment each other than blueberries and lemon. Love 'em! Thank you, Jocelyn!! blessings ~ tanna

Michele McLaughlin said...

Love the recipe! Thanks for your insights regarding the featherweight! Love your blog! Hugs, Mickie

Wonky Girl said...

This looks and sounds so good and my husband will enjoy it lots. Thank you for sharing :-).

Gentle Joy said...

I like the sound of this... and the glaze on top sure adds a special touch to the bread. :)

Debby Ray said...

Yum...blueberries and lemon is such a great combination. This looks absolutely delicious! Visiting you from Grace at Home :)

QuiltSue said...

That looks delicious.

The Charm of Home said...

This looks delicious! Thank you for sharing at Home Sweet Home!

Richella Parham said...

This looks scrumptious! I think my husband would love this--anything tangy and lemony is his favorite.

Thanks so much for joining Grace at Home. I'm featuring you this week!

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Tyummmmm....I think we'll all love this recipe. Thanks for sharing sweetie. I'm pinning.
FABBY