Thursday, December 3, 2015

Christmas cookies

A friend of mine shared this recipe many years ago. She used chocolate chips,but I have always substituted M&M's. My family loves them, and I can tell you right up front, they aren't good for you ;-)

Holiday Party Cookies -

Cast of Characters

1 cup shortening
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 cup brown sugar (firmly packed)
1/2 cup sugar

Blend together, then add

2 1/4 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 Tablespoon Wheat Germ (optional)
1 Tablespoon Flax seeds (optional)

Blend everything together and add 1 1/2 cups M&M's or Chocolate Chips

Drop by teaspoon onto an ungreased cookie sheet.

Bake at 375 degrees for 10 minutes.

Aren't they pretty :-) I do place M&M's on the top instead of mixing them in the batter. I hope you enjoy them as much as we do. They tend to disappear pretty quickly.

3 comments:

QuiltShopGal said...

What a yummy tradition. You are certainly celebrating the Nights Before Christmas to make the season fun. Thanks for sharing the recipe and inspiring #CreativeGoodness.

QuiltShopGal
www.quiltshopgal.com

Connie said...

Baking Christmas cookies is a tradition that I really do miss. It was one that I enjoyed so much with my daughter. Now, we are older and eating a low-carb diet for our health, but she enjoys keeping the tradition with her daughters :)

Dana Gaffney said...

With wheat germ and flax seed I'm sure they're good for you, LOL.