Monday, December 7, 2015

Vintage Christmas

When I was a little girl, I remember having these ornaments on the Christmas tree. I must have been in the third grade when these ornaments first appeared.

How they have survived through all these years I'll never know.

As we were unpacking Christmas boxes, I opened one and found this Nativity that was also from my childhood.

After my Mom passed away they were packed away and only came to the surface when we moved. I'm thinking this Nativity has to be about 50 years old.

When we were first married, I started collecting ornaments with the current year.

Norman Rockwell,

Hummels

Betsy Clarke

Ferrandie

to name a few. When my children were little we stored the glass ornaments away in the attic, but now they are gracing the Christmas tree in our living room. Such sweet memories.

3 comments:

Allie-oops Designs said...

You have some beautiful ornaments - I don't ever remember seeing any like in the first photos, I have a bunch that belonged to my grandmother and I just love them. Not sure if we're decorating or not this year....probably not...I might do something in the sewing room.

margaret said...

what a lovely collection and so meaningful as they were Mum`s. Afraid all I do is have a nativity scene and a hardanger angel, have about 14 embroidered pictures made over the years but they seem to like it under the spare bed.

NannyBee said...

How fun to unpack decorations with wonderful memories! I have some too, although they are not the same as yours, and because of my Obsessive Christmas Disorder (LOL), they have become a collection and now have their own special tree.