Wednesday, November 11, 2020

Thank a Veteran

 


Veterans Day is an annual United States holiday honoring military veterans. A federal holiday, it is observed on November 11. It is also celebrated as Armistice Day or Remembrance Day in other parts of the world, falling on November 11, the anniversary of the signing of the Armistice that ended World War I.

In the aftermath of World War II and the Korean War, Armistice Day became Veterans Day, a holiday dedicated to American veterans of all wars.

On this Veteran's Day I hope we will all take a moment to honor and remember the men and women who have served, and those who continue to serve to keep our country free.

2 comments:

QuiltShopGal said...

Well said.

Patti said...

I did to everyone I know that served. Thanks for the reminder anyway, I hope all took time to do the same.