Monday, November 2, 2020

The Key to Love

 

 

The Key to Love is a sweet contemporary novel by Betsy St. Amant. 

Bri Duval lives in a small Kansas town named Story. As a hopeless romantic, her goal is to perfect her mothers macaroon recipes which holds Bri to her Mom's memory. Bri fills her days with dreams of Paris and the Love Locks, which have a wall in back of the Pastry Puff Bakery.

I loved the elderly matchmaking sisters, owners of the bakery. After the "love angels" story goes viral, travel magazine writer Gerard Fortier reluctantly comes to town to write a story about the bakery. His first encounter with Bri really made me laugh. Their arguments were very entertaining.  

The characters were interesting and well written. A sweet clean romance that unfolds with witty dialogue, and a compelling supporting cast.  Gerald's soul searching felt fresh and relevant. I felt that Betsy St. Amant wrote an inspiring novel. Fun, thought provoking and entertaining. 

I voluntarily reviewed a complimentary copy of this book which I received from Revell. All views expressed are my honest opinion.


0 comments: