Saturday, November 28, 2020

Reflection

As we will soon enter yet another new year, we pause for reflection. Remembering the years that have past. I'd like to share with you about a very special lady. One who filled a hole in our lives.

She was my teacher, friend, and soul mate in treasure hunting for over 30 years. I used to tag along with her to yard sales, antique shops and all kinds of second hand stores. She loved paper weights, and she also loved vases. She had quite a collection of both. I have several of her paper weights displayed in my home.

But more importantly, she loved my children and was a huge part of their growing up years.

My own mom passed away many years ago, before my children were born. She stepped in as an auntie, but more like a grandmother. Her generous and loving spirit filled us with her unconditional love.

Every Christmas my children and I would descend on her house and decorate for the season. It was a tradition we held until she no longer was able to live by herself. Our memories of her prick my heart, missing her laughter and generous hospitality.

Very rarely does someone come into your life that has left such a deep imprint on your heart. I am most thankful to have known and loved her.

 

Before the year is out, take time to tell someone you love them. For some people, it can be a very lonely time of year.

3 comments:

Nicole said...

Thank you for this post. It is an important message. You were so fortunate to have such a loving presence in your family's life.

QuiltShopGal said...

I'm truly sorry for your loss, but so happy you found and shared such love and friendship for so many years. This special woman will always be in the hearts and memories of you and your family, always watching over you all.

Elaine Adair said...

You never know when time runs out and forgot to say it. AMEN.