Friday, November 13, 2020

Travelers traveling the River Walk

 When we arrived in San Antonio, we decided we would find the River Walk.  It was a little different than we expected.


I think I always thought the River Walk would be out in the sunshine and there would be shops along the way.  What we found was what felt more like being underground, with buildings surrounding the river. There were some pretty areas, but it mostly felt dark and a bit gloomy. 




We think the trees must be over 100 years old.


The boats were not running because of Covid. But we did see a police officer navigating the river.

There were numerous restaurants, none of which were open during the time we walked. But after a while my hubby started not feeling well, so we navigated our way out. 

San Antonio is a pretty big city. Highways going every which way. There were some very pretty subdivisions and it seems like it had grown ever since we visited six years ago.

More to come.....

3 comments:

Elaine Adair said...

NO, not what I expected either. Not even masked people?

Carol in Texas said...

I am sorry you got a bad impression of the River Walk. Thus is not a good time for any tourist spots. I have loved the times we have been there. San Antonio is such a unique city with great charm normally. Sadly nothing is NORMAL now. You should see it on a regular Christmas with lights everywhere and the boats sailing by with happy tourists. We have eaten on its shores at a Mexican restaurant and it was so pleasant. I am a Texan and have never lived in San Antonio, but I have enjoyed visits there. Like so many cities here, it has become a BIG CITY. Our state has had an influx of folks from NY and California and other areas. I fear for our political future as a result. If we EVER RETURN to NORMAL, I hope you will give it another try. Carol in Texas

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I've only been to the River Walk during the HOT summer months. Everything is brighter then, and the grottos make for great shade (cooler, too). It's much nicer when the restaurants are open. Did you get to go to the Alamo (across the street)? It might be closed, too.