Tuesday, December 29, 2009

The final countdown

Have you been following Prairie Moon Quilts The Final Countdown this week? Shelly is giving 5 tasks to complete to end the year. If you complete each task, you are eligible for a prize on January 4th. The first day was finishing binding on a quilt, the second day was put away scraps, and today the task is to straighten out magazines or quilt books.

So I did task #1, and task #2 and today I straightened out some magazines that were in a pile next to my computer desk. Straightened and put away :-) Yea!

And here is a picture of my sweet daughter with her birthday quilt (with binding completed ;-)

Hope you are making the most of the last days of 2009! Happy Quilting :-D

11 comments:

Shelly said...

Your daughter looks very sweet -- And looks like she loves her quilt! And just look at that neat bookshelf . . . I'm still working on mine . . . Ack!

Annika said...

That´s a really gorgeous quilt, and I can see your daughter is happy to get it! Have a nice end of 2009 with regards from Annika in Sweden.

Cindy said...

Ah, your daughter appears to be happy with her quilt, Jocelyn. What a nice Mom you are.

Kelly Ann said...

Love the pink and browns on your daughters quilt...very pretty...

Maggey and Jim said...

How very nice. love the colors too. I know there are some task that I must get to soon..Holidays will soon be over and then maybe back to my stitching
Maggey

Kim D. said...

Good for you, I've been wanting to finish a binding so I could claim it finished this year. Better get busy.

SEWButterfly said...

Making the most of 2009...and, Happy New Year and Quilting in the New Year to you!

Gina said...

Well done on doing those tasks.

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Crispy said...

Hooray on getting your tasks done. I even straightened my shelf too and I didn't have anyone tell me to do it LOL.

The quilt and your daughter are both beautiful!!

Crispy

Amy Friend said...

Very pretty quilt! I like the colors that you used and she looks very happy with it.

Anonymous said...

What a great birthday gift.
The pink and brown are beautiful.

And your daughter looks very happy.
I am sure she will treasure it forever.

Congratulations on a great finish.

Cindy Carter
Quilt Patterns from Seattle