Friday, December 18, 2009

Opinion please

Ok-ey! I've been computerless today. My wonderful (18 yo) son built me a new computer (early Christmas, yea!) because our old one had ISSUES!!! And let me tell you, if the computer people tell you it is your internet, and the internet people tell you it's the computer, I'd believe the internet people. After all, my son and daughter both have used our internet provider and they never had any ISSUES with their computer. Not naming any names here, but just sayin'!

We also have workers coming in on Monday to tear out our duct work and replace the whole AC system. Okay, happy Christmas ;-) But it is the right time of year to do this kind of work, and it's been needed for a while.

I took a few pictures of my handmade ornaments, although I did not make them, I just think they are very cute.

I found three of these CUTE little bears at the thrift store last summer. They have been sitting in my sewing area waiting for Christmas.

I can't remember who gave me this yo-yo ornament, but it's a simple little project that could be added as a gift tag.

I have to thank all of you for your really sweet comments on my Christmas quilts. I have always said that I am a "piecemaker" and the quilting part always falls behind. So with that, I'd like to ask your advise about a wall hanging.

I've been working on this wall hanging and can't really decide on how to finish it. Here is the base of it.

The pattern calls for key tags that you find in an office supply store. I was thinking of putting yo-yo's or buttons.

What do you think?? It really looks cute with the key tags, as they had written Merry down one side and Christmas on the other. But I'd like to get a second opinion. That's you :-)

17 comments:

Barb said...

Key tags are cute

love all your handmade ornaments.

SueWis said...

No key tags. Maybe yo-yos with buttons in the middle?

Pat said...

I think I do like the tags the best...those buttons are too small and the yo-yo's, while okay, look a bit too big to me...unless you made them smaller. I'm sure it will look good however you decide to do it.

Firecracker Kid said...

Your ornies are cute! I have to say key tags with the letters. Although yoyos do fit your style, hence the fabric. Either one you do I am sure is going to look awesome. Thanks for asking our opinion:) Merry Christmas!

mary-myneedlethead.blogspot.com said...

I like the yo-yo's but I think they are a little big for the tree, I think the key tags are cute,but little christmas buttons would be cute too or different little christmas buttons to look like ornaments would be really adorable I think. I am sure whatever you do will look great! Hugs, Mary

marlene@ByTheSeam said...

What if you used yoyos and made them in different colors to look like ornaments and staggered them to look like they were on a real tree?

Nat Palaskas said...

I would like yo yos with buttons on the center. That what I would like to see. Use different color buttons. Try one and see how you like it - Hugs Nat

Crispy said...

I vote for the key tags too :0)

Crispy

Unknown said...

I love those key tags! It's the time of year when we are all going crazy to get ready for the full feasting day1
I still have so much to do and so little time.
You must be well organized to have people in your house a week before the big day.
Merry Christmas

Cindy said...

I believe I want to see it when it's done because I already like the concept.

Wishing you a Merry Christmas.

Aunt Spicy said...

Am so in love with your tree hanging! This may be overkill, but what about both? Yoyos on the ends and buttons along the branches?

Thanks for the comment! I am loving reading your blog!

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Absolutely the yo-yos - just my opinion!

Kim D. said...

The bear ornament is the cutest. I like both the Key tags and the yo yo's. I agree with the other comments, make smaller yo yo's should you decide to go that route. I had a craft catalog with the cutest little ornaments for a quilted Christmas tree and I can't find it now. If I find it I'll let you know. They were like button's and such and you just sew them on. I sent my friend an email asking her if she remembers the name.

fourkid said...

I always love yo-yo's the best!!!!
Hugs,
Patti

Molly said...

Such an adorable quilt! I like the buttons idea.

Allie said...

I love the yo-yo's and buttons!

Svanhild said...

I'd do the yo-yo's, perhaps with a button in the middle of the yo-yo?? Lovely idea.