SewCalGal is offering an opportunity for you to nominate someone in the quilting community that has made an impact on you and your quilting.
Over the past couple of years, SewCalGal has hosted the Golden Quilter Awards. Entertainers have the Oscars, Golden Globes, Emmys, and various other awards, but she felt that we needed something unique to recognize those that have helped to make our world of quilting so special and wonderful.
SewCalGal hosts this event and facilitates the process, but it is up to quilters from all over the world to submit nominations, and ultimately vote for their favorite nominees, to help identify the best of the best.
Nominations are now being accepted for candidates, for the 2012 Golden Quilter Awards, that have made a difference in the world of quilting, for the following categories:
- Best Quilt Designer
- Best Quilt Teacher/Instructor
- Best Quilt book Author
- Best Quilt Store (physical)
- Best Quilt Store (online)
- Best Longarm Quilter
- Most Innovative Product (physical)
- Most Innovative Product (software)
- Most influential person in the world of quilting to-date, aka "Lifetime Achievement"
- Best Quilt book publisher
SewCalGal has all the information on her blog so you won’t want to miss out on nominating one of your favorites. Nominations will be accepted until March 4th.
Key dates that you may want to mark on your calendar:
- Sunday, March 4th - last day to submit your nomination. Everyone is invited to submit nominations.
- Monday, March 12th - SewCalGal announces all nominees and voting for the ultimate winners begins. Everyone is invited to vote.
- Monday, April 2nd, SewCalGal announces the ultimate winners of the 2012 Golden Quilter Awards. We celebrate with a party with sponsored prizes to be given.
- Tuesday, April 3rd, SewCalGal announces the winners of the sponsored prizes.