Thursday, February 16, 2012

Tell me........

.... how do you display your quilts? It's fun to find different ways to display my quilts. There are several different wall hangers that I have used for displaying my quilts.

I love the roses in this quilt. It was made and hand quilted by my sister in love. She is a very good quilter and we have a lot of fun together. I found this quilt rack at Wally world on clearance for a whopping $10!! I bought 3 of them ;-)





This quilt hanger was found at a local quilt shop.
I thought it was so perfect for this spot. I made
this quilt from a magazine pattern, but I only
made half of it! It fits in this corner perfectly, and
covers the electrical box.

My sweet sister in love gave me this bow shaped hanger one year for my birthday. Did I mention that she is a great quilter?? I love the pattern for this quilt because there is no pattern! We just got together and sewed strips, cutting them apart and sewing them back together. It was so much fun. And a great way to use up some stash.



One year at Paducah, I found this wonderful hanger. I love this hanger because it does not damage your quilt in any way. It has a clever device to open the hinged pieces.


It has a soft touch grip and keeps your quilts away from the wood. They come in all sizes and beautiful wood finishes. They can even add a strip of your fabric to the front panel to match the quilt that is hanging. It is made right here in the good ole US of A by Lorie's Little Quilts.


They do have a website, if you are interested in taking a look. www.LoriesLittleQuilts.com. It's so fun to find something new, that will enhance your quilting and your quilts.

15 comments:

Denise :) said...

Great post! Most of my quilts are table toppers ... displayed on tables! I don't have a lot of wall space, but I love your hangers! :)

Teresa F. said...

What a lovely collection of quilt hangers. I use curtain hangers to display my wall hangings.

Sue said...

Just love your quilt hangers. I use curtain rods to display my quilts

Barb said...

I enjoyed seeing how you hang your quilts...

Wendy said...

I love displaying my quilts, I have some hanger similar to yours. I also like to toss them over a chair, fold some to make a pile or roll the smaller ones to put in a basket.

Meggie said...

I love the small quilt with the star hanger. I have a room decorated in the western style and this would be perfect. Thanks for the idea...
Your quilts are so beautiful!

Sheila said...

My favorite was in our previous house where I could fold them and hang them over the stair rail....and they were visible from the front door.....gee I miss that house....

Sheila said...

Oh....I meant to also say....I bought an old wooden clothes drying rack at the Goodwill thinking I would use that to display quilts.....but wouldn't you know it....I am using it to dry clothes instead.....why do I have to be so practical! ;)

Anonymous said...

What a lovely collection of quilt hangers you have.

IHaveANotion ~ Kelly Jackson said...

Cool....thanks for sharing. I show mine any way I can....I hang them...use them and fold them up on things.

Smiles,
Kelly

evelyn said...

I love your hangers. I have an old wodden ladder painted white, with the rungs also papered. It leans against the wall with several smaller quilts on it.

Val said...

My quilts are stacked up in a cabinet. It looks really pretty when I open it up. Love your quilts!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hinged pieces are look so wonderful and amazing.I really like this designs in this blog.




code promo

Snoodles said...

I'm really getting into wallhangings, and small quilts. These are wonderful ideas for displaying them! Thanks!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I have used many methods to display my quilts. I have several quilts on the rungs of an old wooden ladder in my guest bedroom. I have two mini quilt stands that sit on different end tables in the house. I have a small quilt hanger hanging off a wreath hanger on the back of the front door. I've even stapled some to the wall in a few places (those don't get changed out) I've used push pins for some of my small Christmas quilts, too.