Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Dublin

A couple of years ago I took a trip with my hubby to Dublin....... Georgia not Ireland!  Right in the middle of town was an old museum filled with antiques and memorabilia. 

As you walked into the museum, right around the corner was an area that looked like an old library.  What is that I see laying on the sofa??

Crazy quilts!!

Let's take a closer look.


I'm pretty sure these were old as everything on display was from around the Civil War time.

I also thought these little dolls were sweet.

I can just imagine some little children playing with them.

You just never know what you will find when you are on an adventure :-)

Happy Quilting.

7 comments:

Rosa said...

I read Dublin and jump over your post.I though ,Ireland.

Great pics and that quilt is just beautiful.Have a fun day.

Rosa said...

I read Dublin and jump over your post.I though ,Ireland.

Great pics and that quilt is just beautiful.Have a fun day.

Deborah said...

What a beautiful find! Places like this are my favorite!

Carrie P. said...

wow! those are some beautiful quilts.

claudia said...

Guess what I got???
I bet you guessed right.
I had to go by Joann's today, (get that? I HAD to go by Joann's) and they had the Go! Baby cutter on sale. So I got the cutter, a die and the mat all for $9 less than the Go!~ Baby by itself. And that was after taxes! YAY! Thanks for the heads up on the sale! Now I just have to "carve" out some time to cut some fabric.

Barb said...

I enjoyed your adventure...that quilt is lovely!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I've been to Paris (TX) and Cuba (MO) among others. My grandmother had a crazy quilt, but, no one knows what happened to it after she died. I used to beg to bring it out and stroke it when I would visit.