Saturday, July 27, 2013

NQR

NQR = Not Quilt Related

When we moved into our new home a couple of years ago, we replaced the carpet in several rooms of the house.  After a few months I noticed a spot on the family room carpet.



Of course I was not happy about this spot on our new flooring.  

Recently I read on a blog (and I'm sorry that I can't remember where it was first posted) about spot cleaning using Club Soda!!  Hum........ now this sounded interesting.

So I figured I would give it a try.

 I soaked a cotton ball with the Club Soda and rubbed into the spot.
 I then rubbed it with a couple of paper towels to absorb the soda.
And wa-la!!  The spot is gone!!!!

Okay, you can't beat a 69c bottle of Club Soda :-)

Happy Quilting!

13 comments:

claudia said...

I wish I had known about this when I had three dogs, two cats, and three daughters! I could have bought stock in a club soda company and be rich today, just from my own purchases!

Terry said...

Thanks so much for posting this! Emily has a light carpet in her room and it's got spots all over the place! I'll get some club soda next time I'm in town! :0)

Pokey said...

Thank you for the share, it is worth tryin!
:-}pokry

Carol said...

I use it all the time...works great...I also just read on Pinterest that it works on ant hills...I haven't tried it yet, but all the commercial stuff we buy they just move out and start another, this is supposed to soak down in the mound and because it has a lot of carbon dioxide it kills them...sure worth a try.

Carol said...

What a great tip, I'll remember that one. Glad you got the spot out of your pretty carpet.

evelyn said...

I work in a grocery store. We sell a lot of club soda. Hm, I guess this town has a lot of clean carpets. LOL

Allie said...

Wow - I think I need a case of that, lol!

Unknown said...

Hydrogen peroxide works well and baking soda is the best for lifting stuff out of carpets :) Glad you were able to get it out

Barb said...

I might have to try that

Tammy said...

I must try that soemtime....Thanks for the valueable tip.

Shirley said...

Great tip! I have lots of spots to try it on.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Thanks. I have a dog with a runny nose. The drip spots collect dirt quickly. I'll have to get some club soda and try it.

Martha's Favorites said...

Club Soda? I will have to try that. Thanks for the great information. Have a wonderful week. Blessings, Martha