Tuesday, March 3, 2020

News of the day

My hubby and I took Saturday to visit antique shops. We stopped in a Quilt shop along the way :-)

Saw this quilt made up and I had to have the pattern. There were so many interesting fabrics, not really from the same design. I think I'm going to dig through my stash of florals and give it a go.

AND the news of the day. Corona virus has made it's appearance in our area. It was probably going to happen, as we recently had the State Fair, and the Strawberry festival is in full swing. Many many people visit our area during this time of year. So wash hands, don't touch your face with your hands, and stay home if you are sick!

Happy Quilting!

5 comments:

Debbie said...

Love the quilt. Very similar to one I made a few years ago...I just had the bricks going horizontal. May have to revisit it!

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Nice quilt. I suppose the virus will travel across the country. It's kind of scary to me since Terry's immune system is compromised.
Stay well.
xx, Carol

Libby said...

Love the quilt. can you tell me the pattern....I have lots of florals in my stash that need to be made into a quilt. This looks like it could be the one. Glad y'all went shopping !

Farm Quilter said...

I really think the virus is all across the USA by now, just most people have mild symptoms leading them to believe they have a cold or the flu. You are right...lots of hand washing is in order!!

Allie said...

That is a really pretty quilt!! Very summery looking. I'm not worried about the virus - more worried about the flu - just wash those hands as often as you can and don't touch your face!