Wednesday, March 4, 2020

The Runaway Bride

 

The Runaway Bride by Jody Hedlund has Arabella Lawrence running from her family who is trying to marry her off to an abusive older man. Joining the bride ship, Arabella feels uncertain, knowing she would end up a spinster unless she marries a stranger in a strange land. Meeting the gentleman, Lieutenant Drummond and poor, but charming Pete Kelly sets her on a course, deciding which of the two will win her hand.

Jody Hedlund does a beautiful job of creating characters that win your heart. I've read several of Ms. Hedlund's books before and she always does such an amazing job of drawing you into the story. Her characters are rich and full of faith and hope.

If you enjoy Historical romance fiction, you will enjoy this one.

I voluntarily reviewed a complimentary copy of this book which I received from the publisher. All views expressed are my honest opinion.

1 comments:

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

I took a liking to that quilt you spied as well -in your last post. Does the pattern have a name? I love historical fiction too.