Have you ever been working on a project and know it's just not going to fit together?? Last month when I was visiting my BFF we traveled all around Holmes County for the Amish Shop Hop. I found this table runner kit that I fell in love with. So my BFF and I decided that we would make them.
I used her little Jem machine to do the piecing, but when I went to put the tablerunner together, well it was all catywampus :-( So in re-evaluating the whole project, I realized that her machine did not have a true 1/4" foot. So even though her tablerunner turned out beautifully, mine was in need of unsewing.
This is what I brought home.
It was a discouraging sight. I had sewn the whole tablerunner together before I realized it was just not going to work. I thought about trimming it, but I was just not happy with that solution. So I got out the old seam ripper, and started taking it apart.
Today is a very wet and cold day (yes even here in Florida it gets cold - sometimes), a good day to work on reworking.
I pulled out my trusty old Featherweight, with a true 1/4" foot (with guide).
I started by resewing the HST. I did not want to take them apart because I knew they would stretch out of shape.
Look at how much difference there is from the original seam line.
For every one that was off, it all adds up and before you know it, your block is nothing like the pattern says it should be.
One block down -
Two to go -
I'll let you know when I get this all put together.
The fragrance of spring
42 minutes ago