Monday, January 10, 2011

Mug rug........ Mug MAT

Have you figured out yet that quilters are the nicest people. Recently I was visiting A Legacy of Stitches, and I left a comment on a very cute mug rug she had made. Sandi quickly sent me an email asking if I would like to have the scraps from the coffee fabric she had used. I told her YES, as my daughter loves coffee, and it would be fun for her to use one with the coffee theme.

So a few days later, this comes in the mail

What a nice bundle of fabrics. Way more then I thought her "few scraps" would be.

So this weekend I just started working with the fabric, and not only did I make a nice mug rug,

(sorry about the pins, I am still working on the binding)
BUT.......... I had enough fabric to make a Mug Mat!

Perfect for when we have a little more then just a cup of coffee going on :-)

Thanks Sandi!

17 comments:

Libby said...

So cute! You did a great job!

Cheryl said...

Perfect fabric for fun mug rugs and mats!

Linda said...

How cute! Perfect fabric too!!

Days and colors said...

A beautiful set! I love the fabrics!

Cyndi said...

How sweet of her to send you those fabrics...and both your Mug Rug and Mug Mat are darling!

XOXO,

Cyndi

MarveLes Art Studios said...

Oh yes... "Perfect for when we have a little more then just a cup of coffee going on!" That phrase made me smile! I LOVE that idea!

Michelle @ Sew-Krafty said...

Quilters ARE the nicest people!
Those are both cute as a button. But I always have a little more than a cup of coffee going on. ;)

sewfunquilts said...

They both turned out so nice..Love 'em.

SueWis said...

Cute! I have some coffee fabric scraps somewhere around here....

Loris said...

Cute! I love using every last bit of fabrics that 'go together' to make up more quilty things.

Sandi Linn Andersen said...

So glad you could make a rug for your daughter and a mat for you. It's fun to share and see what others do with our scraps. :-)

Cindy said...

How thoughtful of Sandi. She's such a warm-hearted person.

Mug rugs and mug mats - I'm hooked.

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Wow--I have to see if I know this "Sandi"???
Love your two new projects--and those cookies look mighty good--do you share????
Hugs,Di

Barb said...

Turned out wonderfully!!!

Impera Magna said...

How perfect... I love the mug mats! I see another project happenin' around here....

Crispy said...

That Sandi is such a sweetie and you made such wonderful use of the fabric!!

Crispy

Kelly@ Charming Chatter said...

Quilters truly are just the sweetest! I just love what you both your mug rug and mat! Nice job!