Monday, September 12, 2011

Mode of Transportation

I have been traveling for a few days with my dear hubby. I really thought we would feel a little bit of cooler air and maybe even see a leaf or two turning. Nope! Everything is still hot and green :-)

I ventured into a few antique shops. No great finds. However I did want to share something old with you............

This picture was taken on another trip but I just had to share it. I laughed when I saw this old truck and thought, "what a junk heap". Filled with wood cut for the fireplace. I have no idea what kind of truck it was as all signs were pretty much gone ;-)

I hope you are having a Happy Quilting week!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

The leaves will be turning before you know it! I love the fall too!

Love the picture of the truck~ The out house in the background is the added touch~

Susan said...

The leaves are just starting to turn here in Pennsylvania and I heard rumors that our highs aren't to get out of the 50's by the end of the week.

Snoodles said...

Hope you have safe travels! Love the truck!

Cheryl said...

I love antiques ! I showed this truck to my husband ,he is not sure what it is either and he is usually pretty good at naming auto's ,he said if you had a pic. of the front he might be able to tell .
I thought it reminded me of a 1904 Brush Car but the fenders are more flat on the 1904 car. I love the out house in there too !

Cyndi said...

That is a great photo of that old truck...reminds me of the old "Beverly Hillbillies" truck! LOL! Hope you're having a wonderful time traveling with your hubby! No turning or falling leaves here yet, but Fall will be here before we know it!

XOXO,

Cyndi

Allie said...

Come on up here, the high is supposed to be 59 in a few days, lol! Love that old truck.

Appalachian Mercantile said...

Great pic! I would love to have an old truck like that to pile our wood on! :)

Nicole said...

There is a hint of fall in the air here. It is noticeably cooler than it has been, and the mornings and early evenings are especially lovely. It won't be long!

Ivory Spring said...

Hi Jocelyn,

Thanks for entering my giveaway. :) I appreciate you sharing.

Happy Journey to you! :)

IHaveANotion ~ Kelly Jackson said...

I like that old truck holding wood...what a cool idea. I much prefer the truck to an old bathtub in the yard full of wood...LOL.

Kelly