Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Scrappy Cards part 2

If you missed part one of Scrappy Cards, please just look back at yesterday's post.

I have pressed my shapes onto the pieced fabric and cut them out, I then audition which color card stock I will use. You can use a premade blank card, available at craft stores and Walmart, or you can use regular card stock. I happen to have pre cut cardstock which I bought at Hollo's Stationery store in Ohio.




It is really fun to move the shapes around and see what they look like with different colored background.


Again, following HeatnBond instructions, remove the paper piece on the back of your fabric shape.



Position your shape onto the the cardstock.



Be sure to cover your fabric shape with a pressing cloth. Here I am using a synthetic type cloth that is used for applique.


Press with a dry iron according to the HeatnBond instructions.








Now for a finishing touch, I take my Perma Pen and draw little dash marks to resemble stitching.


Your fabric card is now ready!


Here are a couple of fabric cards I have made.


And a sampling of the Christmas cards I sent last year. I made over 40 cards.

I hope this has been as much fun for you as it has been for me. I'd love for you to share any comments you may have.

I'm joining Karen this week at
Sew Darn Crafty

18 comments:

Gypsy Quilter said...

Wow, this is such a fantastic idea. Thanks sew much for sharing!

Anonymous said...

I love this and cannot wait to make Christmas cards! Those JoAnn's coupons will come in very handy for this project. Thanks for teaching us how to do this.

Hugs,
Mary

Impera Magna said...

What a cool idea for both note cards AND Christmas cards! I'm going to have to give this a try....

Dirt Road Quilter said...

I was a scrapper before I discovered a passion for quilting and I enjoyed making cards and still make them on occassion. This is a fun way to encorporate the two. Your cards ar darling! What a great way to use up some of those tiny scraps!

Linda said...

I love them!!! Thanks so much for the awesome tutorials!! That would be a great project to do with the girls.

Loris said...

These are sweet! and a great excuse to get some thoughts and connection sent out to friends. Wouldn't we all love finding "real" mail in our mailbox?
Thanks for sharing these ideas and tips.

Barb said...

Sooooo cute!!!

Cyndi said...

These are awesome, and look easy enough that even I could make them! LOL! I can't wait to give it a try. I just recently purchased some pre-made cards at Hobby Lobby, so all I need to do is get the Heat-N-Bond and I'm ready to go! Thanks so much for sharing the tutorial, Jocelyn!

XOXO,

Cyndi

Carrie P. said...

those are really nice.

Allie said...

These are really cute - I'd love to link to you on my next tutorial post, and to ask your permission to use one of your pics. Let me know if that's ok! I love this idea!

Rosa said...

This is really beautiful.Thanks for the tutorial!!

Anonymous said...

Very clear understandable tutorial - can't wait to start. Where did you get your Christmas fabric? I looked online but didn't see anything I liked yet, haven't been to JoAnn's but must go to get the adhesive sheets.

Hugs,
Mary @ Redo 101

Lynn said...

What a great idea and tutorial! I'm going to make some of them too.

Jen said...

Thank you for the tutorial, what a great idea. I will definately be sewing my Christmas scraps together and making some scrappy cards. A most enjoyable project.

Mary said...

Love the cards. I make cards too, but had not thought of this idea. Great inspiration.

Debbie said...

Love the Cards. Just what I was looking for!

CatNCart Craft said...

Fabulous idea, thank you for sharing. Visiting from Sew Many Ways
Judy

tink's mom said...

Thanks for your great tutorial for this card. I just made one and added it to the Sew Darn Crafty group for this week. Please stop by and check it out. selinaquilts.blogsot.com