Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Out in the Prairie

So we travel to the middle of the Prairie, where there is nothing.......... I mean NOTHING --- and what do we find? Two, not one, but TWO quilt shops just a few hundred feet from one another!! Is that incredible or what??

After we visited a Needle in a Haystack we drove just down the road til we got to this sign

Yep, I am Itchin to Stitch :-)

And what a cute shop it was too.


Don't you love a shop with personality??

And YES I had to buy a little something there too ;-)

I even found a Charm Pack of the elusive Glace that I had searched for last year.

But that's not all. On our return trip, we found one more place that I had been wanting to check out. So if you aren't tired of my travels, I will take you to yet another place next time.

Before you go, can I ask you to help a friend of mine?? John'aLee from The Scrappy Appleyard has just experienced a loss in her family. Please read her post if you can help by making a block for the grieving family.

11 comments:

Dirt Road Quilter said...

Don't you just love discovering lovely little shops like that? I would love to make some blocks for the family. Hopping over there now.

Rosa said...

I love this shop,that bed has such a wonderful quilt .The christmas wallhanging is very cute.

Your fabrics are beautiful,love them.

Till next stop.Thanks so much for sharing and take some photos.I`m enjoying !

Tea said...

Can't believe it. Two beautiful quilt shops in the middle of nowhere, but the quilts are lovely.

Impera Magna said...

Oh my... two such lovely quilt shops so close together? Wow.... so much gorgeousness to see/touch/enjoy!

John'aLee said...

Humbly...I thank you my friend!

Miriam said...

Great fabric finds!

I am loving your travel posts.

Allie said...

Little Quilt Shop Hop on the prairie, lol! This looks fantastic!

Unknown said...

What a fun looking quilt shop!

Carrie P. said...

OOO, really nice quilt shops you go to visit.

Jen said...

What a lovely shop to come across in the middle of nowhere and to find 2.
We have just returned from a 5 week road trip in our van this week out west Australia and found a quilt shop we went looking for down a dirt road in the bush among the Gum trees.It was a lovely unexpected little treasure. I also posted on it.
I will send a block.

Karen said...

I learned to wash clothes with one of those wringer washers. I had long hair at the time and got it caught in the wringer twice.