Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Out in the Prairie

So we travel to the middle of the Prairie, where there is nothing.......... I mean NOTHING --- and what do we find? Two, not one, but TWO quilt shops just a few hundred feet from one another!! Is that incredible or what??

After we visited a Needle in a Haystack we drove just down the road til we got to this sign

Yep, I am Itchin to Stitch :-)

And what a cute shop it was too.


Don't you love a shop with personality??

And YES I had to buy a little something there too ;-)

I even found a Charm Pack of the elusive Glace that I had searched for last year.

But that's not all. On our return trip, we found one more place that I had been wanting to check out. So if you aren't tired of my travels, I will take you to yet another place next time.

Before you go, can I ask you to help a friend of mine?? John'aLee from The Scrappy Appleyard has just experienced a loss in her family. Please read her post if you can help by making a block for the grieving family.

11 comments:

Dirt Road Quilter said...

Don't you just love discovering lovely little shops like that? I would love to make some blocks for the family. Hopping over there now.

Rosa said...

I love this shop,that bed has such a wonderful quilt .The christmas wallhanging is very cute.

Your fabrics are beautiful,love them.

Till next stop.Thanks so much for sharing and take some photos.I`m enjoying !

Tea said...

Can't believe it. Two beautiful quilt shops in the middle of nowhere, but the quilts are lovely.

Impera_Magna said...

Oh my... two such lovely quilt shops so close together? Wow.... so much gorgeousness to see/touch/enjoy!

John'aLee said...

Humbly...I thank you my friend!

Miriam said...

Great fabric finds!

I am loving your travel posts.

Allie said...

Little Quilt Shop Hop on the prairie, lol! This looks fantastic!

Sew Unique Creations said...

What a fun looking quilt shop!

Carrie P. said...

OOO, really nice quilt shops you go to visit.

jen said...

What a lovely shop to come across in the middle of nowhere and to find 2.
We have just returned from a 5 week road trip in our van this week out west Australia and found a quilt shop we went looking for down a dirt road in the bush among the Gum trees.It was a lovely unexpected little treasure. I also posted on it.
I will send a block.

Karen said...

I learned to wash clothes with one of those wringer washers. I had long hair at the time and got it caught in the wringer twice.