Saturday, December 31, 2011

2011 in Review

Lots of you are sharing your year in review. I am not a fast quilter, but I did complete a few projects this year.

However, I think the quilts that were the most rewarding for me were the ones completed to help others.

There were quilts for JAPAN and JOPLIN after the devastation that hit those areas.




And the most recent were sent for the Project Linus in Miami

As I look back over this past year, the post that probably meant the most to me was Welcome to my Cottage. It was my blogiversary post and giveaway. But the youtube The Power of 1 really impacted me. If you have a few minutes on New Years Day, please watch it again. Because you see, YOU are the Power of 1.

Thanks so much for all of you who follow my little blog. It is such a joy to meet each one of you as you share your life with me. I appreciate every single sweet and generous comment.

Wishing you a very Happy and Blessed New Year!


11 comments:

regan said...

Wow! That was a lot of quilts you made this year for those causes. Well done! I'd say you had a truly successful year! :o)

Michelle said...

I just could not read the post and not comment on it. I just wanted to say that you have encouraged me! So I want to say a BIG "THANK YOU"! My new years resolution was to make more quilts in 2012 but not only that but to give more of them away to various charities! I see you have already done that this past year! The video you posted was inspiring! Maybe I can be a power of one in my little community as well! My God bless you in 2012 and thanks again for the inspiring post!

Meggie said...

I'm just a "babe" in the world of blogging (Nov. 2011)and am pleased to have found you. So the Power of 1 was new to me. I did click on it. It is so inspiring. Thank you for including it in your post today.
Meggie

Terry said...

Beautiful quilts! Happy New Year! :0)

Barb said...

What a successful year with your quilts...Happy New Year!!

MarveLes Art Studios said...

And yes, it is JOY and so are you. SOLI DEO GLORIA

Denise :) said...

You really turned out some fun projects in 2011, didn't you? I'm not going to spend much time looking back on 2011, I think -- I'll just look forward to 2012! Happy New Year, Jocelyn! :)

Rhonda M said...

I am going to check out the Power of 1. Thank you so much for an inspiring, thoughtful post. Bless you so much for your gifts to others. Have a wonderful New Year!

Quiltin' Sandy said...

Hi Jocelyn! Happy New Year from " Down Under" where it is already 2012.
I look forward to visiting your blog during this year which I hope is a wonderful year for you. The quilts you have made a lovely. Hugs, Sandy.

Allie said...

Jocelyn, I'm so impressed with all you've done this past year - you are such a generous soul - you inspire me with every post. Thank you so much for your gift of friendship, I hope you have a wonderful and happy New Year!

Pat said...

Happy New Year! Great quilts!