Thursday, December 29, 2011

After Christmas sales

Do you hit the stores after Christmas, looking for some fabulous sales?? We have been known to cruise through the malls, Walmart and Target, picking up half price sale items. There is an interesting article about how to repurpose some of these great bargains. Find it HERE.

Yesterday, I had to take my car in for servicing at the car dealership. It's quite a distance from home, so on the way back I made a little side trip to one of my favorite Quilt Shops in Lakeland.


I wonder if there are any treasures to be found?

One of the reasons I love the Patchwork Pig is their continual updating of samples.

Always so much inspiration.

AND.....................

there was a whole wall of sale fabric..............

for $5.00 a yard. And on the other side all of their Christmas and Halloween fabric was also on sale.

I picked up a couple of pieces to add to my stash and some yardage for backing.

Yay!! for after Christmas 1/2 price sales!!

12 comments:

Mary said...

I have been to the Patchwork Pig!. You are right, it is a great shop.Congratulations on your finds.

Pat said...

What a great sale!!!

Cathy said...

Nice sale, great pictures. I went to JoAnn's and got some great deals on Cutting Mats and Batting. Hope you had a nice Christmas. Wishing you a Happy New Year. Hugs

regan said...

What a great shop....those sample quilts are beautiful!

FABBY'S LIVING said...

OMG! Such fabulous quilts, each one is gorgeous. On my next trip to the USA I'm getting a quilt, that's it! I love quilts. Thank you for your lovely and sweet visit and I also want to wish a wonderful New Year 2012. Hugs,
FABBY

SewCalGal said...

Oh,how I'd love to visit the Patchwork Pig. Looks like a delightful shop.

I didn't do too much after Christmas shopping. I was on the hunt for a particular Christmas fabric, but wasn't able to find it. Oh well, found three other things that will work.

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

xinex said...

Beautiful patchwork fabrics! I wish I knew how to quilt like you. I hope you all have a Happy New Year!...Christine

Cyndi said...

I'm not much of one to go out shopping after Christmas, even though I know I could score some great finds. I did go to the Fabric Shack yesterday to get some fabrics for a quilt I'm making for my FIL, and some for a baby quilt. There were loads of fabrics on sale, but I was good and only got what I went to buy!

The Patchwork Pig looks like a great quilt shop...I think I might have to check it out next time I'm down to visit my BIL in St. Pete!

Wishing you a blessed New Year, filled with love, joy, and peace!

XOXO,

Cyndi

Denise :) said...

One of my favorite LQS has a TREMENDOUS sale on January 2-4; savings up to 80% off. Can you guess where I'll be? Yep! :)

NanaNor's said...

You lucky girl you! Today I went to my local quilt store looking for fabric for the back of my fall quilt and found some in extra wide widths-103" wide which mean no extra seams. Unfortunately it wasn't on sale and I didn't need anything else. Hope you have a wonderful afternoon sewing.
Noreen

Entertaining Women said...

I'm always awestruck by the talent and time commitment required of quilters. Thank you for inviting us along for your tour of the quilting shop. Glorious fabrics and quilt examples. Happy New Year! Cherry Kay

Allie said...

My aunt went out last Monday, and finished all her Christmas shopping for 2012, lol! She does it every year! She loves to bargain shop. Love the look of that quilt shop!