Friday, December 30, 2011

A finish for 2011

I keep finding those little pieces of fabric that I've set aside to make a mini quilt. So this week I decided to get one more done before 2011 was just a memory.

You can pretty much judge the size by comparing it to the rotary cutter.

And I got a little bit brave with my machine quilting.

On opposite corners I quilted some loops. The rest of the border is stippled.

I really need to decide how to bind this. If I bind it with the darker red, I'm thinking it would really frame it in. Any suggestions?? Do you have any projects that will make it under the wire this year??

11 comments:

Meggie said...

The darker red would be the safe way to go, but have you tried pulling the darker blue out of the design? Your work is beautiful.
Meggie

Dora, the Quilter said...

When I make a dark inner border and a dark binding, I find it really isolates the wide borders; sometimes I like the effect but sometimes I don't.
Congratulations on you "brave" quilted corners. I absolutely love them!

Barb said...

I love your mini quilt...it would look great on an end table.

Terry said...

That's beautiful! I have to lay potential binding fabrics under the edge of my quilt to decide what to use. I really need to see it next to the rest of the quilt.

Lynn said...

I'm proud of you for machine quilting. It gets easier and easier with each quilt you make. This was a great idea to use those tiny little pieces that we usually toss out. I would probably use the red binding, but you have many other choices.

Rita said...

I like the idea of red binding. Your quilt is so cute. Happy New Year!

Jessica said...

I vote for dark red, too. I love your quilting! :)

Sandra Kaye said...

I really like the fabric. I think red is a great idea!! Great job!! hugs

Denise :) said...

Great finish -- this is a really nice looking piece! I like the idea of binding it with the dark red, too. And I love the machine quilting you did, too! :)

Allie said...

That is really lovely - the quilting is wonderful, good for you!!! I think the dark red would look great.

Heather said...

I"d be tempted to go with the darker red, but Terry makes a very good suggestions of auditioning a few different ones by laying them on top. I'm still working on sewing beads on crocheted doughnuts.