Thursday, December 1, 2011

Score!

Yesterday I happened to stop at a Thrift store that is on the south side of town. It turned out to be a profitable visit.

This thift store does not often have many crafty things that I can use. However, yesterday there were as many as 50 quilting books! Woo-hoo, what a party.

So I started looking through the books and came across this one.

I thought this book looked very familiar, but I did not think that I actually owned this book.
So as I am leafing through the pages I recognized many of the quilts. And now I know why.

I loved making Button Box. It was such a fun quilt.

And the Bow Tie quilt

was another fun one to make

Cracker on the other hand
did not get finished.

While making the blocks for this quilt, I remember that I had so many left over that I made another quilt and gave it away. So this portion never got finished. And not having the pattern, I forgot how to put the border on.

So the mystery of these quilts was that one of my quilting buddies had the book, and we all worked on these patterns. When I put this last one away, I did not have the instructions to complete it.

But now I own this book, along with 9 others ;-) Not a bad score for $10.

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you but I am so jealous!

Unknown said...

Beautiful quilts! Glad you found that book

Have a lovely weekend ~
TTFN ~
Hugs,
Marydon

Barb said...

Lucky you!!!

Alison V. said...

I am very jealous. I might have to go look for some this weekend. :)

Allie said...

Wow what a score! Those quilts are really lovely. Are you going to make Cracker again?

RobynLouise said...

50 quilting books to choose from! Sounds like you found the legacy of a quilter who passed on and the family had no use for the books. I'm sure she's smiling knowing what pleasure you will receive from some of the library she left behind.
If you finish 'Cracker' I'd love to see a photo posted :)!
Cheers,
Robyn

Rosa said...

Lucky you.Great quilts.The book looks fabulous.

Jackie's Stitches said...

How fortunate that you stumbled on this book! That would never happen to me. It's a striking quilt, I look forward to seeing your finish.

Susan said...

Jackpot! Good for you!

regan said...

Yay....that is definitely a score! Someone must have downsized their crafting library.....sad for them, great for you! lol And now you can finish that third quilt! Yippee!

IHaveANotion ~ Kelly Jackson said...

That is just too funny. I'm glad you found it....it must have been waiting there just for you.

Smiles,
Kelly

Laura said...

I love this book! It was one of the first book of scrap quilts I got when I started quilting and I still have it. I did not, however, get it for a steal like you did lol. Congrats on all of the great deals!

evelyn said...

I have this book!
I too love stopping at thrift stores. You never know what you are going to find. Like a mini treasure hunt.
Would love to see your finished quilt.
Doesn't it feel like Christmas came early!

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

I love it when finds come my way like that. Your quilt will look wonderful when it's finished!

Heather said...

I think I have this book as well. must get it out and look through again.

Unknown said...

Not bad at all! Your quilts are so beautiful. They look like they could be the ones in the book! :)

Thanks for coming by and entering the Nell Hill Book give away.

~Liz

Denise :) said...

Awesome, Jocelyn! Definitely a nice score! :)

JustPam said...

Great story, great find!

Talin's Corner said...

Good for you. It's always so nice to find items for a bargain.