Monday, January 21, 2013

Soup for a Cold day

Being that there is no sewing going on at my house, I thought I would share this recipe.

If you want to warm your tummy with a fast and delicious bowl of soup, try this quick and easy recipe.

I found it on the back of a package of Swanson Chicken Broth.

Sensational Chicken Noodle Soup

4 cups Swanson Chicken Broth
Ground black pepper
1 medium carrot, sliced
1 stalk celery, sliced
1/2 cup uncooked egg noodles
1 cup shredded cooked chicken or turkey

Heat broth, black pepper, carrot and celery in 2 quart saucepan over medium-high heat to a boil

Stir noodles and chicken into saucepan. Reduce heat to medium. Cook 10 minutes or until noodles are tender, stirring often.

3-4 servings

That's it! For my family we increase all the ingredients and add some crushed garlic. It sure makes a great bowl of Chicken Noodle soup on a cold day.

17 comments:

Cindy said...

Yummy, warm, soothing and just what I think I need. Thank you, Jocelyn.

Sending you cyber hugs.

Jean(ie) said...

nothing soothes the soul like chicken soup... nothing! Happy Monday!

Wendy said...

I love a bowl of soup and make this recipe often.

Loris said...

Nice! Thanks for the recipe...never bothered to look at the box :-/ Perfect comfort food!

Gmama Jane said...

I love homemade chicken noodle soup. Think I will make some for tonight since it is such a cold day.
Blessings
Gmama Jane

Khristina said...

yum,yummm...I can eat chicken soup on any day of the year even in the stinkin hot weather...with the air con on...lol
Hugs Khris

Unknown said...

Looks delicious!

Cathy said...

Sounds good. Thanks for sharing the recipe. Hugs

Shane Pollard said...

Hello Jocelyn

well I joined your other blog 'Just a Little Southern Hospitality' as part of Vicki's GYB party.

...but as I'm just starting out on my patchwork/quilting journey I thought I should sign up for this one too!!!
I'm sure you'll pass on some of your wonderful knowledge and hopefully a few tips along the way!!

Hugs
Shane ♥
http://roseslaceandbrocante.blogspot.co.nz/

Susan said...

I could easily transform this into a vegetarian version that would still warm the tummy and keep the chill away. XOXO

Cheryl said...

lol... I have to ingredients when I make soup. 1. A can of soup 2. a can opener :-)

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

We both had hot soup in mind for this cold weather. An easy recipe and I love the packaged chicken and beef broths one can purchase these days - I use the low sodium variety.
Judith

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Mmm, your soup sounds delicious, Jocelyn. Thanks for sharing the recipe and enjoy the rest of your week.

Blessings,
Sandi

Love Of Quilts said...

Glad I popped over, sounds just right for this weather we are having.

Marcia - Crafty Sewing and Quilting said...

Your soup looks great! Yummy! Thanks for linking up to Minutes for Me!

Shirley said...

I love all kinds of soups in the winter. This looks wonderful.

Anonymous said...

I've been making a homemade soup every week this winter. I love them, and this one looks delicious!!