Monday, December 10, 2018

Day 10

I'm sure everyone in the US is aware of the Diego Snow storm that has swept though the southeastern states. I am SO glad that our trip was scheduled for last week, and not this one. Because even though we were in some very cold weather (22 degrees) and there was a bit of snow flurries, it was nothing compared to what these folks are experiencing. We drove from South Carolina, through North Carolina, Tennessee, Kentucky and into Missouri. Our return trip was more westerly and boy howdy, was I ever glad to see the temperature rising. When we hit the Florida state line, it was a balmy 75 degrees! Yay!!!

I was able to stop for some quilt shop hopping along the way home.

First stop was at the Birdhouse Quilts.

I've never been in this shop before, but a road sign on I75 alerted us to the exit. It was a lovely shop with VERY helpful folks.

I ended up buying this panel for the Side Lights pattern.


I loved the Christmasy colors.

Next stop was in Lake City.

This is another shop I've never been to, but had known it was there for a long time. Funny how we miss these little gems when we are on a mission to get home. Our ride home was more leisurely so we took the time to stop.

Fabric Art Shop also carries art supplies as well as quilting supplies.

Our last stop was at Tomorrows Treasures in Ocala. I have been to this quilt shop before, and they too are beyond friendly. It's always nice to visit a quilt shop where you feel like you are part of their family. I have visited shops where the staff is too busy to help you with information and selection. But I did not find that during this last trip.

Some of the shop samples for inspiration.





I am happily ensconced back home, enjoying our paradise temperatures. But saying a prayer for all those who are currently without power in the middle of the Diego Snow storm. I hope this isn't an indication of the winter ahead.

Happy Quilting.

0 comments: