Friday, December 28, 2018

What the year has brought

This year has flown by. And not without it's challenges. I can't own up to much sewing or quilting. Most of my sewing has been in making pillowcases for Ryan's Case for Smiles.

There has been other things filling our lives. Hubby had some health issues. Between running to Doctors visits, medical tests and some minor surgeries, that put us on hold for several months. And after a long battle with an autoimmune disease for years, my hubby's older brother, passed away.
 
 It's been a difficult time for the family, as he and his siblings were all very close. I have known George for over 40 years, and he was like a brother to me. But knowing that we will meet together again one day in heaven, is a blessing we can all share when we know Jesus as our savior.

So the year hasn't been without their challenges. It's hard to work up motivation to sew and quilt when you heart is not really into it.  But I'm hoping this new year will change that. We have a new grandbaby on the way. So a quilt will soon be in order.

I hope you have a happy quilting day!

 
 

4 comments:

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Best wishes on the new grandbaby. Shhh... don't tell, but, we also have a new grandbaby coming in 2019 (they aren't telling anyone other than grandparents at this point). That makes 6 baby quilts I need to get finished. Hopefully 2019 will be much happier than 2018.

Barb said...

I am so sorry for your loss and you are right about sewing when you just don't feel up to it. You will soon...take care of yourself.

Farm Quilter said...

The new grandbaby will be a blessing and I hope there are fewer valleys for you in 2019. I'm with you, it is hard to sew when your heart and mind aren't into it! My only finish this year was a pin cushion I needed to make for a swap. Ugh!! I have two grandbabies coming in 2019, so I hope I can get quilts made.

Allie said...

I hope hubby is feeling much better now - and I'm so sorry for your loss hon, but yes how much easier knowing he's with the Lord. It is a true blessing. Big hugs and wishes and prayers for a much better 2019....