Saturday, December 29, 2018

Who I Am With You - a review

Many of my regular readers know that I review books for several publishing houses. There are times I don't have anything to read, and then there are the times when I have several in my pocket. This month has been pretty busy, and I had three books I was reading. The one thing that keeps me on track is reading one book that is a historical fiction and another that is contemporary. Easy to keep them separate.

The latest contemporary fiction that was on my night stand was "Who I Am With You" by Robin Lee Hatcher.

Who I Am with You

 I don't think I've ever read anything written by Robin Lee Hatcher before, but I can tell you that I will be seeking out her other books. She is an excellent writer, one that takes you into the hearts of her characters.

This story is about two hurting people who find themselves isolated after going through a difficult heart wrenching time in their lives. Ridley Chesterfield hides away at his parents mountain cabin, trying to get a grip on a political scandel that has left his good name in shambles. Jessica Mason, a recent widow, awaits the arrival of her unborn child. Her husband's betrayal digs a pain so deep that she wonders if she will ever climb out of that pit.

I was a little confused with the connection between the stories linking the contemporary and the depression era. When Jessica begins to read her great grandfather's Bible, she finds that his faith never wavered, even in the midst of a trial that nearly destroys his family. That link will, apparently, be carried out in the Legacy of Faith series.

I loved this story. It was tender and heartwarming watching how two people find their way to forgive the people who have wronged them. And in the process, allow their hearts to unharden.

I voluntarily reviewed a complimentary copy of this book which I received from the publisher. All views expressed are my honest opinion.

 

0 comments: