Thursday, December 27, 2018

Family gathering



Every Christmas Eve my hubby's family has a get together. There is lots of food and a time when the whole family gathers together. A tradition that started with hubs grandmother, passed down to his mother, and now to us to host. This year we had 45 who came.

Always amazing food

My hubby always fixes this amazing Brisket


Lots of desserts

And of course family

(cousins)


I hope in the coming years, the younger generation will continue to keep this family tradition alive. As they are marrying, there are other families that will be added to the mix. Having grown up in a dysfunctional family, this is one that holds a special place in my heart.

Hoping you had a joyful Christmas and I wish for you a very blessed New Year.

4 comments:

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Congrats on that machine,btw. It will be awesome in your capable hands.
Family gatherings are precious time spent, I think. Looks like you guys have a lovely spread too.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

We LOVE brisket! Last year we got together to celebrate my FIL's 80th birthday, and still had 18 people there for Christmas. Always fun to have lots of family together. We are too far away to get to celebrate holidays with our family most of the time. I miss that.

QuiltShopGal said...

Wow 45 people. What a great gathering and an amazing tradition. Very special indeed.

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

Happy Christmas to you!! I love doing the family gathering with my husband's family. Precious memories...