Saturday, December 28, 2019

Day 28 -What's your word?

 
For the last several years, bloggers post their one word for the coming year. It's been an interesting concept, one that takes the place of a New Year's resolution. I tried doing it a couple of times. The problem was, I'm not sure I followed through. What's really funny is I can't even remember what those words were.

So tell me, do you have a new word for 2020? Has your one word encouraged you to fulfill your goals in 2019? I'd like to hear how your one word for 2019 motivated you throughout the year. And then share with us your new one word for 2020.

If I were to choose one word I think it might be "kindness". I think it's something that I need to work on. I want to show more kindness to others. Whether it's sharing a smile with a stranger in the grocery store, holding the door open for someone else, or letting someone go ahead of me in the line. Being kind means not being selfish and thinking only of myself and my needs. At the end of my life, I would like to be remembered as being kind.

What about you? Does your word reflect a quality you desire to share?


words text in wood type against background of letterpress printing blocks
Okay, your turn! What's your one word?

5 comments:

Chantal said...

It's an interesting concept. You have a great word for the new year. I would say my word would be listen. I love to sit outside and listen to nature buzz, sing and chirp but what about people? I want to listen to what they are really saying. Are they indirectly calling out for help? Are they going through some hardship? Are they really as happy as they show? Yep, listen sounds like a good word for me. ;^)

Elaine Adair said...

"Peace", "with purpose" "Mindfulness", "focus", "be the change" are some of my best ones. Good post, btw.

Ellyn said...

Kindness would be an awesome word! My 2019 word was Joy. I wanted to seek joy in every day. 2 weeks into the new year my husband was laid off and I was put to the test! I'm happy to report that my word did indeed see me through the year and despite financial cutbacks it was an awesome year. My 2020 word is intention. I want to be more intentional about how I spend my time, my money and what I eat. Fingers crossed!

Melanie said...

My word is "patience." I think it was my word for 2019 also. LOL Yes, I have a problem being patient when things go wrong, especially with techie things. Or an appliance, like it has a mind of its own! Of course it doesn't, and sometimes the problem is just the operator, me! I continue to work on my habit of losing patience, staying calm (that's another good one for me, calm), and just accepting and moving on. :o)

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I only picked a word one year. It was progress. I did get progress done on many projects that year.