Friday, September 5, 2014

One last thing

Two last things, actually.  I came across this ad for the little child's Singer sewing machine.


It was really cool, but pricey.  Just for the little sheet of paper.  Amazing that the sewing machines sold for $3.

As I walked around in the different rooms in the school house, I was struck by the many wedding portraits.  What a shame that a family member did not want any of these treasures.


This one in particular caught my attention.  It held the Bride's veil and her flowers.  The portrait looked to be very old, so it held my interest to think that this keepsake has been preserved for close to 100 years.  

Well we made it back home safe and sound.  But we will be off again very soon!  

I hope you are enjoying your last days of summer.  Tell me what you did this summer.

Happy Quilting!

6 comments:

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

$3? I'd gladly pay $30 for a working Singer toy machine. Have fun on your upcoming trip.

Sinta Renee said...

I agree... it is a shame that the wedding shadowbox is not remaining in the family. I would have gladly adopted them!

Tanna said...

It always makes me sad to see someone's treasures left behind...

I'd love to have that little toy Singer! ;) blessings ~ tanna

margaret said...

I suppose as things are passed down in the family once they reach children that did not know those they originally came from they do not have the sentimental attachment, I am sure my girls will dispose of a lot of my things, have tried to downsize and pass some on and no they are not interested. Very sad though re the wedding photo

~Niki~ said...

I have a giveaway for fabric going on. very little entries.
http://butternutstreet.blogspot.com/2014/09/fabric-giveaway-time.html

Lady Linda said...

Yes, it always bothers me at sale when the pictures are left behind. I go to a lot of estate sale and am always surprised that no one in the family will take personal things.
Looks like you found some treasures.