Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Out and about

I did not do much traveling around as the roads were jam packed with people.  It looked like school had already opened, so there were cars and buses on every road.

BUT, I did make one little side trip.  About 6 or 7 years ago, when my daughter worked in the Windy City, our family drove up to Racine Wisconsin.  As our camp site was less than an hour away, I decided that I would try to find the place we had visited during our first visit.

And this is where I ended up -



I remembered this being a huge Antique Mall.  


It brought back a lot of nostalgia from school days gone by.


I don't know how many of you would remember the stairways in the old school buildings, but this reminded me so much of my own school experiences.


Those were the days my friends!  More tomorrow.

Happy Quilting!

5 comments:

Barb said...

Yep, those were the days!!!

margaret said...

looks like a place I could happily browse in for a few hours

antique quilter said...

yup I remember my school looking like that too!
looks like a fun place to visit and reminisce as well as bring home a few treasures, did you?
Kathie

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

Ah, the memories! Did you bring home anything?

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

there used to be a schoolhouse museum in Mishicot WI that was really neat - maybe I appreciated it as I had went to school there for one year before it closed - I went back years later exploring the area after moving out of state close to 35 years earlier and found it so neat to visit - it is closed now - I wish it was still open