Thursday, September 4, 2014

Some fun things

Some of the fun things I spotted as I toured around this huge Antique mall.


Can you believe that this was a calculator??


I've never seen a tea pot this big before.


And I found this Florida tea set in the lower regions of Wisconsin!


I heard someone say that they were telling their kids about dialing a phone number, and the youngsters asked, "what is dialing??"


How about this telephone?  With the ringer placed right next to the operator!


I had a similar portable typewriter when I graduated from high school.  I wonder what ever happen to it?


This metal doll house took me back.  I can't really remember if I had one, or if it belonged to a friend, but I do remember playing with a similar one when I was a child.

Do you remember any of these things??

Happy Quilting!

10 comments:

Colleen said...

Oh yes, I am pretty sure I had a similar doll house. Always loved playing with miniature people and furniture. Thanks for sharing.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I still have a rotary phone somewhere in the basement. I loved the sound it made. My sons both know how to use one (both under 25). I always wanted a doll house, but never had one. Instead, I created a 'loft' on the top of a chest for my Barbies.

Allie said...

I have a rotary phone, although it needs re-wiring - and I think I had that dollhouse too! My son just picked up a keyboard from 1985 for .50 at a garage sale, and it WORKS - he's fascinated with it. Nice and noisy, lol!!!

Susan said...

I had a doll house like that too!

margaret said...

how nostalgic so enjoyed seeing these things from long ago. I do have an old typewriter that was my Grandfathers but can`t claim to have any of the other pieces.

Betty said...

I remember that metal doll house. I had one when I was little. I have not thought of that for such a long time.

Unknown said...

I also had one of those metal doll houses! What a lovely antique mall.

QuiltSue said...

I can remember that type of phone, with a dial and I also had a portable typewriter similar to the one you showed.

Verna G said...

Loved looking at your things. I acttually still have that same dollhouse (complete with furniture). I am 75 so you know it must be pretty old. What to do with it???

IHaveANotion ~ Kelly Jackson said...

One of my very favorite things to do is look through antique shops. I certainly recognize several of those objects...they bring smiles to my face. I typically look for things that remind me of my childhood....things my family members owned.

Thanks for the smiles,
Kelly