Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Sand and Sea

I had a spurt of creative enthusiasm hit me one evening. Lately taking on a big quilting project has not been on my docket.  So as I was thinking of the upcoming Christmas holiday (only 92 days left) I remembered that I wanted to make something special for a friend of mine who is home bound.  As the days until Christmas are ticking away at a very rapid pace, here is what I did.


I dug out this pattern, and rifled through my fabric stash.


And this is the basic Sand and Sea landscape.  I'll be adding the borders to make this into a portrait type mini quilt.  

After working on this, I thought I had better bring out my fall landscape to hang in our entry way.


I would love to have one for each season.

Happy Quilting!

10 comments:

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

As a fan of all things beach-related, I love that quilt you're making for your home-bound friend ... and I'll bet she (?) will too! Gorgeous!

Susan Lindquist said...

That is so cool! I'm amazed that your stash had just the perfect sand-colored patterns to mimic the beach! Amazing!

I have three quilting projects going at the moment and am determined to finish them before starting on anything else! No UFO's for me!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I love both of those they look easy to make also!

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Great mini progress for a Christmas gift! Love the fabrics you chose.

Amy Friend said...

I just made a beach mini quilt too! That's a fun idea to have seasonal minis. Have fun!

margaret said...

what a lovely scene you have created here for your friend, love the autumn one too

Ivory Spring said...

Jocelyn,

Those banner quilts are absolutely darling. That little country church just melted my heart!!!

Val said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE!

Allie said...

Two great mini's - but you know I'm partial to the beach one, lol!

Tanna said...

I think having one for each season would be wonderful. blessings ~ tanna