Monday, September 1, 2014

What have you been doing this summer?

This summer has opened up a new experience for me and my hubby.  We bought a travel trailer and made our first big trip.


This has certainly been an adventure.  We've never camped before, so there was a little bit of a learning curve.


It was fun watching our mobile cottage follow us for our 2,000 mile trip.


The first night on the road we enjoyed a beautiful sunset.


And our very first campsite turned out to be a wonderful place in Albany Georgia.


And then we hit the road, heading north.


Our second night stay was not as nice of a place, but it was good enough for one night.


I've got more pictures to share, so I'll be back tomorrow with more.

Happy Quilting!

10 comments:

Jackie's Stitches said...

I'm looking forward to hearing more!

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

I too am certainly looking forward to seeing more about your trip!

imquilternity said...

I love a good road trip! Can't wait to hear more about yours.

Allie said...

Love that sunset picture. I would LOVE to take a road trip like this - I'm looking forward to seeing more pictures of your trip!!

IHaveANotion ~ Kelly Jackson said...

I'm looking forward to seeing more of you pix. What a nice gift to yourselves!
Smiles,
Kelly

Brynwood Needleworks said...

You're going to love the traveling life, my friend. You'll find campsites that will become favorites and there are bound to be a few you'll avoid in the future. It really is an adventure!

I'm looking forward to seeing and hearing lots about your travels in your own moving cottage.
xo
Donna

Jean(ie) said...

You will love your airstream! Be sure to pass this onto hubby. AirForums has the best message board on how-to stuff and all things airstream. A big help on maintenance and general knowledge.

Jean(ie) said...

Good connecting point, too!

margaret said...

what a wonderful adventure you have been on, and I am sure lots more adventures in the future

Sherrill said...

We always LOVED camping & started out totally by accident with a 23' Shasta. We took that puppy all over the US. We upgraded to a used motorhome for awhile and our last was a 27' with a rollout making for lots of room. Since my DH passed away 2 yrs. ago, I find myself pining for those camping adventures. Have fun and very soon you will be pros!!