Wednesday, September 21, 2011

The 1910 House

If you are getting tired of my travel ramblings, you can close this post now. Because you see, when we were traveling, we decided that we would head back home by a different route. And being that we would be traveling east before heading too far south, we decided to head to Hogansville. You remember Hogansville, the town that had one quilt shop that was only open two days a week??

We made it there on a Tuesday, which is one of the days they were open! Yay!

I really liked this quilt. At first I thought it was the Yellow Brick Road, but the owner said it was a Disappearing 9 patch.

And YES, I found some very pretty fabric to bring home.

I loved the soft pink roses.

While I was shopping I told the owner that I had been by a month ago, but she was closed. She told me that she was trying to sell the building, and after a deal fell through, she just could not handle being in the shop 6 days a week. So she is only open on Tuesdays and Thursday for extended hours.

This was a pretty long trip for me. But I am glad that I went along with my hubby. It was fun exploring new territories together.

Be sure to check back on Friday. Cause if it's Friday, it's another Giveaway day :-)

Happy Quilting!

15 comments:

Debbie said...

Thanks for sharing your travels and shopping. I love reading posts like this. Love the roses fabric too...watercolor for me!

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Such a cute shop. Love the rose fabrics you picked up and look forward to see what you will be creating with them.

Tea said...

The rose fabric is beautiful. Looks like a border of tinier roses around the bottom. I've never heard of a Disappearing nine patch, but I can see the concept while looking at the quilt. Enjoyed your trip. Thanx.

Joan J said...

I've really enjoyed your quilt shop visits, and see several quilts on walls I'd like to try. Thanks for the inspiration!

Barb said...

What an awesome shop!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I love "traveling" with you (while I actually stay here homeschooling :) Love the new fabric, just gorgeous!

Bianca said...

Love to read about your trip and the shops you've visited. It's going in my "Big Book of quiltshops to visit" next time we are in the USA. Been over there 2 times now and I think it's our travel-destination for the rest of our lives! Here in the Netherlands quiltshops are rare and small, so it's a fabric-heaven for me over there!
Always nice to travel with our hubby's don't you think? A special kind of together-time.
'Till next time!
Bianca

Impera Magna said...

What a charming shop! So sad it's not open more often... must be hard to be in one place all day every day by yourself...

Love that fabric... would love me some of that for sure!

Val said...

I love your traveling. Love all the pictures!

Wendy said...

I love it when bloggers show their Quilt shop visits. Thanks for taking us along.

Anonymous said...

Your rose fabric is divine,so pretty x

LV said...

I would have loved being along for a visit to this quilt shop.

Linda said...

Cute shop!!

Ulla's Quilt World said...

Hi! Greetings from Finland! I hope to see the quilt shop one day! Thank you for your Blog.

Nancy said...

Wonderful Blog...I am a quilter of huge porportions!!! I have been quilting for about 5 years and compiled over 200 quilts...large ones...many donated, many to friends and family. Your blog is awesome and look forward to following.....