Saturday, August 11, 2012

Keep your sewing machine clean


A couple of years ago Diane Gaudynski's posted information about keeping your sewing machine clean. I know I can be lax in this area, so I thought I would post some sites that tell about cleaning your machine. I would think each brand of sewing machines would have a resource on how to clean your brand of machine. Here is what I found for today.

Diane Gaudyniski's blog -
http://dianegaudynski.blogspot.com/2010/01/lean-mean-clean-machine.html

Blueberry Buckle Quilt Studio -
http://blueberrybuckle.typepad.com/blog/2009/11/tuesday-tutorial-clean-your-machine.html

Janome Forum -
http://janome.com/fusetalk/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=19&threadid=480

Sewing machine care -
http://www.essortment.com/all/sewingmachinec_rfhp.htm

Keep those machines running clean :-)

6 comments:

Clara {Clover and Violet} said...

great information!

Taryn said...

What a timely post. Just last night I was thinking I needed to give my machine a good going over.

Barb said...

I am trying to do better in that department myself. My son did come in my sewing room the other day and told me what a mess it was but I was working on like three different projects. I think he would be proud today...the projects just need quilting and the floor is swept.

Susan said...

We invest so much money in our machines--it's only right to keep them running well. Thank you for the reminder, XOXO

SewCalGal said...

Thanks for the reminder and great tips. I'm off to check out the links you referenced.

I will share that I bought a cool vacuum attachment from Kelly (IHAN) that really does a great job cleaning my machine from lint...also helpful elsewhere. I'm also pretty good about taking my machine in for service annually. But, I'd like to learn more about cleaning my machine to be able to do more on my own. So, your post is perfect timing and very helpful. Thanks,

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Now I knew that its not just a matter of cleaning the sewing machines. You really need to consider a lot of things before cleaning.
Brother Sewing Machine Reviews