Thursday, October 25, 2012

A trip down south

My BFF came to visit for a few days last week.  We always have a great time together and usually share an adventure or two. 

As we drove down to Sarasota to meet up with her parents, we stopped in a Quilt shop that had moved close to the Interstate. 









It was kind of sad to see that this shop had about 1/3 less fabric then the last time I visited.  The fabric lines were very modern.  Being a mostly traditional quilter, I didn't find anything that peeked my interest. But still it's fun to stop and enjoy the samples.  Gleaning ideas is never a boring trip.

Happy Quilting!

4 comments:

Cyndi said...

It is sad that so many quilt shops are being forced to either downsize or close up shop. Sure hope our economy turns around soon! But it was nice that you got to spend fun time with your BFF!

XOXO,

Cyndi

Susan said...

This little shop sure brought a big smile to my face--so colorful! Our shops around us stay pretty busy, but I know what you're saying about ones in hard hit areas. Thank you for sharing, XOXO

Denise :) said...

Roadtrips with BFFs are the bestest! Though I have to say I was a little disappointed that when you said "south" you didn't mean THE South. LOL! :)

Anonymous said...

Who doesn't love a road trip with a friend?! (I like the Reindeer twister quilt - too cute!)