Monday, September 23, 2013

Thread, thread, thread..........

I am not a thread purist, although I have quite a LOT of thread in my sewing room.

However, I have come to love Superior's The Bottom Line bobbin thread for my machine quilting.


Every time I use this thread in my bobbin, I feel like the Energizer Bunny! It just goes, and goes.

When I use regular thread, I always run out of bobbin thread before I am finished quilting.  Which means I have to take my quilt out of my machine, change the bobbin and find the place to start quilting again. I kind of lose my momentum. 

I'm sure the newer threads are very nice, but they are quite pricey, and you see, one of my biggest challenges in sewing with this expensive thread is a lot of times it ends up in the trash.


Have a Happy Quilting day!



6 comments:

Average Quilter said...

I do that too. I convinced a friend to use it in her machine and a service tech told her it wasn't good for the machine. She quit using it but I still do.

regan said...

I've only used the Bottom Line thread is a class I recently took with Cindy Needham. She loves it for the machine quilting, and if you are familiar with her work, she knows what she's talking about! :o) One note I wrote from her lecture during class was that this was NOT good for piecing, as it could melt with a high temp iron. But for machine quilting..... totally great!

Tanna said...

Good information. I love that little quote! LOL! Especially for me! blessings ~ tanna

Patty@inStitches said...

I love Bottom Line - and I use it in my mid-arm quilting machine, for hand stitching bindings, and anywhere else. It works great and never gives me trouble - What more can we ask for!?

Kindred Quilts said...

I always appreciate the recommendations and comments about any quilting related products! There are a few spools of Superior Thread in my thread drawer... must check out exactly what I have!

Anonymous said...

I love the Bottom Line too! It's great for fine quilting and on top for applique. Love that there's more of it on a bobbin than other thicker threads. The only thing that keeps me from using it more is I need more colors and that I like for my quilting to show more so I like a thicker thread for motifs and design elements, but for background fills, it's great.