Friday, February 6, 2015

Meet Stella

About a year ago, I received a Stella Lamp.  At that time I was sewing in my laundry room which had big fluorescent lighting.  However since moving my sewing room upstairs into the vacant bedroom, the lighting has come into play.  I have two Ott lights, but have to admit, that although they give off good lighting, it's sometimes still not quite enough.

Enter Stella!


Stella is not your normal light.  It is an ultra-efficient LED lamp that claims the original light will continue to light for 12 years even if you had it on 12 hours a day!



Doesn't she look so modern!


Here she is set up behind my sewing machine.  Touch to turn on and can be switched from warm, natural or cool lighting at the tap of your finger.


I find the illumination is exceptional even at night.  


The non traditional filament really throws off a wide area of light.
When quilting, wouldn't you say that being able to see where you are going is a vital asset?  

I have not been compensated in any way, but just really like this exceptional lighting and wanted to share it with my readers.  Stella is a little pricey, but considering that you would never need to replace the bulb, it would be worth the investment.

Happy Quilting!


7 comments:

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

I wonder ... does she come as a floor lamp as well? I need good lighting for when I hand quilt (in my recliner) - I need lighting right over my quilt so a table lamp usually doesn't extend far enough over.

Lady Linda said...

Oh yes, the lighting thing is so important and as we age, it sure becomes even MORE important. Thanks for sharing this info. I have been looking for something better too. Great.

Scrappy quilter said...

Wonderful lamp! I have a similar one and use it all the time.

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Thanks for the review! I am always looking for more light. ;-)

Allie said...

That looks like a great light!

Tanna said...

I'll bet Stella would be great for watercolor painting, too!! Thank you for passing on this info!! Glad you found Stella. ;) blessings ~ tanna

Val's Quilting Studio said...

I've heard nothing but good things about these lamps.Thanks for reaffirmed those "hearings">