Friday, March 27, 2015

Carrot Cake

I'm not sure if I ever shared this recipe with my readers before, but it's such a good one, especially with Easter on the horizon.


My friend makes the best Carrot Cake, so what better time to share it!

Carrot Cake

2 Cups All purpose Flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
 1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
3 cups grated carrots
2 teaspoons cinnamon
2 cups sugar
1 /2 cup walnuts (chopped)
4 eggs

Grease and flour three round 9" pans.  Sift dry ingredients.  Add all other ingredients except eggs.  Add eggs one at a time.  Mix well.  

Bake 350 degrees for 30 minutes.  Cool 5 or so minutes before removing from pan.  Cool completely before icing.

Icing
1 8 oz pkg cream cheese
1 box confectioners sugar
1/2 stick butter
2 teaspoons vanilla

Cream the butter and cream cheese together.  Add sugar and vanilla.  Ice cake and top with chopped nuts.

Enjoy!


9 comments:

Barb said...

Yummy

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

I love carrot cake. I make it every year for Easter. The recipe I have says something about being healthy. ha! (I guess they figure since it contains carrots [a vegetable], it must be healthy ... I think they're conveniently forgetting the massive amounts of vegetable oil and sugar called for!)

Jacqueline said...

This I will try, thanks.

Tanna said...

I love carrot cake!!! Thank you for giving me another version to play with! Have a wonderful weekend. blessings ~ tanna

IHaveANotion ~ Kelly Jackson said...

I love carrot cake...I'll have to copy this recipe.

Thanks :)

Kelly

Susan Lindquist said...

Almost Easter time! Almost carrot cake time! Yours looks wunderbar!

Allie said...

No no - cakes are supposed to be chocolate, lol - well, I do like carrot cake too, so thanks for the recipe!!

Sarah Craig said...

I love carrot cake, but have never made it myself - this recipe looks wonderful and I think I'll give it a try!! Thanks for sharing!

Lara B. said...

Our whole family loves carrot cake. And fancy teas! Your table setting is very pretty! Thanks for sharing your recipe at Tips, Tutes and Tasty Things.