Friday, April 17, 2015

Refreshing Broccoli Salad

A couple of weeks ago when my hubby took me away for my Birthday getaway, we enjoyed a great lunch at the Suwannee River Quilt shop in Trenton Florida. They have a cafe inside which serves, not only lunch, but some very delicious desserts.

We ate a salad plate and when I got home decided I would try to recreate their Broccoli Salad.  I had a recipe from years ago, but theirs was a little different.


Broccoli Salad

1 bunch fresh Broccoli, cut into bite size pieces
1/2 cup Craisins
1/2 Pine Nuts
2 green onions, finely chopped (you can grate 2 Tablespoons a regular onion if you don't have green)
6 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled

Dressing
3/4 cup mayonnaise
3 Tablespoons vinegar
1/3 cup sugar
Mix together and pour over broccoli salad

Refrigerate for at least two hours and serve.  Cool and refreshing.

2 comments:

QuiltShopGal said...

Sounds yummy. I love broccoli salads and looking forward to giving this recipe a try. Thanks for sharing. Yummy #CreativeGoodness

QuiltShopGal
www.quiltshopgal.com

Lady Linda said...

The salad looks great! I have never been to Florida...it all looks very foreign to me.
DId you get that quilt binding finished? I don't mind doing binding.