Tuesday, October 3, 2017

A fun quilt destination

Plans were made. All the preparation for the trip fell into place. My hubby and I were to take a trip to the Midwest for his business. He asked me if there was someplace I'd like to visit along the way. The first place that popped into my mind was in Hamilton MO.
 
It was only three or four hours further north, and I knew we would never be that close again.

We traveled two days to our destination. Parked the travel trailer for the overnight stay and business my hubby needed to take care of. But as we plugged into power, smoke began to rise inside the trailer! We lost power for our fridge and water. Sadly, we must head back home. Take care of the damages.

Maybe one day we'll travel that way again. I hope so. It sounds like such a fun quilt destination. Have you ever been there?

9 comments:

Quilting Babcia said...

I'm so sorry! That does look like a fun destination, as would be Winterset IA. I hope the repairs won't be too costly and that you have the opportunity to travel that way again.

GO STARS! said...

Oh no!! How disappointing. I’ve been twice to Missouri Star on our way to Iowa. So many shops that are well setup with lots of temptations. It is definitely a destination and you should make a trip that way again.

Jacqueline said...

going to a retreat next week. Can't wait.

Barb said...

So sad...but maybe one day....I was actually excited for you until I finished reading

Susan said...

I've never been there, but it's on my bucket list too! I hope you get back that way and fulfill your plans, XOXO

Allie-oops Designs said...

Oh no!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so sorry to hear that - you'll definitely have to try to make it back. So close, sheesh! I've never been but hope to go someday.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

So sorry about the RV troubles. I've not been there, but, I do drive about 2 hours away, with frequency, when I go to Texas.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Oh dear...so sorry for that. I would have loved to read your post about actually being there. I, like everyone, have spent many an hour watching Jenny with her tutorials.

GCamden said...

That's so sad. I hope the problem didn't turn into too much of an expense. Missouri Star Shops are wonderful and hopefully you can make a return trip sometime.