Monday, January 8, 2018

Holding the Fort

Two weeks stuck at home with chills, coughing, wheezing, and sneezing affords a lot of time to catch up on reading and watching movies you didn't have time to watch before.

 One delightful book was "Holding the Fort" by Regina Jennings.  The story of being in the wrong place at the right time. Dance hall singer Louisa Bell travels to Fort Reno, her quest to help her wayward brother. But when she arrives she is mistaken for the new governess hired to train Major Daniel Adams teenage daughters.

The story unfolds when Louisa finds herself face to face with a soldier who is thrown from his horse as he attempts a daredevil feat. Little did she know this soldier turns out to be Major Adams. When she decides to step into the role of governess, she soon finds she is in over her head. This turns out to be the performance of a lifetime.

I loved the way Ms. Jennings portrayed her characters. Hard times in Indian territory helped develop Daniel and Louisa's determination to succeed. This was a sweet story as an unexpected romance.blooms between the two characters.

I voluntarily reviewed a complimentary copy of this book which I received from the publisher. All views expressed are my honest opinion.


4 comments:

Allie-oops Designs said...

Oh no - praying you're on the mend!!!

Terry said...

So sorry you have been sick, sound like a flu type thing. Drink lots of fluids and have some chicken soup. The book sounds delightful.

allthingzsewn said...

Praying you feel better soon too. Thanks for the review. I'll get it. I'm really having a time finding good story lines explicate sexual acts. I had one author that I loved but she has jumped on the band wagon too.

Angie in SoCal said...

Hope you're better soon. Thanks for the review. I've requested it from my library. Blessings,