Thursday, January 17, 2019

Just stringing along

Making progress with my blue string quilt blocks.

I am making this string quilt with a little boy in mind. A friend has become a foster parent, and has a little three year old in her care. So I thought I would make this a kind of "Where's Waldo" type quilt, with trains, animals, dinosaurs, stars, fish... etc... Hopefully the little guy can find all the hidden clues.
As I mentioned in the previous post, this pattern by Amy Gibson is a great string pattern. It uses up lots of my scraps and it goes together so easily.  A fun quilt to make.

7 comments:

Carol Swift said...

What a fun quilt for any child! I just saw a string quilt mentioned on What About Rheema and told her I might need to make one, too. Very cute!

Jim said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog, Jocelyn. Yes, we're in the middle of a heatwave with some record temperatures predicted around Australia today. Hope your daughter has a great time in Australia.

Jen said...

Hello Jocelyn.Lovely idea the string quilt so happy and bright the little fellow will love it.
Jenxx

Ramona said...

How nice of you to make this quilt for the little guy. I’m sure he will have fun looking for the clues in the quilt.

Allison said...

Your blocks look great and such a fun idea to 'hide' prints of animals etc in amongt all the strips. I'm sure it will give the little guy a lot of pleasure.

Paulette said...

What a fun idea for a string quilt for a little boy! Looking great!

Michelle @ From Bolt to Beauty said...

I'm working on a string pattern, too. It's proved to be a great stash/scrap buster. Have fun sewing all those cute novelty fabrics!