Monday, April 1, 2019

Taking a drive

When you take a drive, it's always good to be on the lookout for a Quilt shop.  Recently I took a friend to Sarasota and on the way back I stopped in the Cotton Patch quilt shop.

It's been many years since I stopped in for a visit.

When we first started visiting the Cotton Patch, they used to carry the most beautiful Civil War fabrics,and lots designers such as Three Sisters, Barbara Brackman, Thimbleberries, Bonnie Blue (which is Red Crinoline now) and French General. All the fabrics that we loved. But then they moved. Closer to the Interstate in a highly populated shopping area. And they no longer carried these fabrics. Everything now is modern/beachy themed.  I guess the snowbirds love it. But it reminded me of why I no longer drove down to this shop. Please don't get me wrong. Everyone has their own taste in fabric. And mine just doesn't go in that direction.

However, they always had pretty samples made up for inspiration.





And so I say goodbye and I wish you well.

Happy Quilting!


2 comments:

gailss said...

Wow...someone else in southern FL who agrees with this too. I like all the beachy look here but am a bit tired of all the fabrics being beachy too!! I usually have to order some of those lovely darker fabrics to get that rich coloring.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I love the Snails Trail sample quilt.